Full Product Description
The study is based on Goode Intelligence’s expertise in research and analysis of authentication and identity technology and uses primary information gathered from a survey of organisations that are using biometric authentication services for consumer facing implementations. It has been commissioned by Daon (www.daon.com), a leader in biometric identity technology, and includes input from Daon customers, including global financial services organisations such as Atom Bank, BNP Paribas and Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group.
This study is intended for those in banking, broader financial services organisations and other regulated industries who have an interest in how methods of identifying and authenticating customers can be improved.
The study concluded the following benefits can be derived from biometric authentication:
• Better customer engagement contributing to Net Promoter Score (NPS) with 45 percent of survey respondents expressing ‘very high’ agreement with the statement: “My organisation has seen an increased NPS as a result of deploying biometrics”
• Lower customer acquisition costs
• Operational cost efficiencies with 56 percent of survey respondents seeing reduced call centre call volume benefits as a result of deploying biometrics, leading to a calculated cost saving for a five million customer bank of US$6.25MM annually
• Security and compliance benefits, including PSD2, with 78 percent of survey respondents seeing increased compliance as a result of deploying biometrics, particularly addressing Open Banking/PSD2 Strong Customer Authentication
• Consistent customer experience across channels that can lead to a cost benefit of multiple millions of dollars annually by replacing numerous authentication systems with a single authentication platform that supports all channels